No, I haven’t abandoned this site! The high rate of quiet is due to an exciting new project I’m working on – a free FATE campaign world inspired by the Legends of Anglerre RPG from Cubicle 7. While it’s already public and not secret, I’m not quite ready to start pushing it. Soon, though…
The fourth pillar has entered immortality.
Tom Moldvay (1948 – 2007)
E. Gary Gygax (1938 – 2008)
Dave Arneson (1947 – 2009)
M.A.R. Barker (1929 – 2012)
my Monster Manual R.I.P.
- Warhammer Fantasy Role Play by 18 years
- SLAY Industries by 14 years
- Immortals by 20 years
- DMG & PH (1981- )
One of these days I will be able to self-host my blog. Until then I will have to put up with occasional fails when it comes to publishing articles. It seems neither wordpress nor blogger handles html tables very well; and, of course, most of Tékumel: Tales of the Five Empires is tabled. So until a better solution presents itself that portion of the blog will be put on hold.
This weekend I’ll be working on the site architecture, namely Campaigns and the new House Rules & Conventions. Both departments are pretty much self-explanatory, and the goal is to have the structure in place by the end of Monday and allow the content to evolve. So please bear with me. Thanx.
Here’s a schedule of upcoming conventions (note: we can’t make all of them). Look up these dates on the events schedule for more information.
Some of you may know that my big career was as a chef (well chef was in the title!). Food is a major part of life, and I try to incorporate it into my games, whether it be the soul-nourishing soup fed to the character as he convalesces or the morale-destroying iron rations he’s forced to eat in the dungeons. Food deserves more than a cursory mention when the stalwart adventurers are attending the Duke’s wedding ceremony! In the spirit of exploring this idea I’ve added a new category and tag to the site.
» The RP Ideas category will house quick posts on role playing ideas for your games, for both player and GM.
» The Culinary RP tag will offer some ideas on how to incorporate food and culinary ideas into your game play.
I’ve changed a few things around, tightened up the page directory a bit, and (obviously) changed the look (and feel) of KoDa Games. We now have some content and I was able to choose a theme that would highlight our features – short, punchy posts and longer, in-depth pages. Here are some tips to help new users:
- You can print, email, or share a post using the icons below each, after the text.
- Use the drop-down menu in the sidebar to select a particular category to browse ; if you find a post interesting, you can browse other posts in its category or similarly tagged items using those links below each post.
- Be sure to leave a comment by clicking the link at the top of each post.
- Using the search box you can query by keyword, or you can search the archives by month.
- Across the header is a vertical list of our features.
- Record sheets are located in the Campaigns department.
- Select an article to read by clicking (or hovering) over one of the departments.
- You can share and leave comments in the same manner as posts.
- The events page contains a calendar of events, mostly convention events.
- Check our convention sticky frequently. Using the dates listed you can navigate the calendar to find which events we’ll be attending and what games we’ll be running.
- The agenda view will breakdown the day for you.
- You may print or copy the event to your own Google calendar.
A thousand apologies for my mess.
Some of you may have received a flood of posts directing you to the download pages for our collection of character record sheets. This was a very poor way of featuring our CRS library – I can only say I thought the result would be cooler than it is, and I am in the process of deleting all those posts.
The better method, which I am now employing, is simply to create a page linking to each of the character sheets. Please find this
in the top bar under in the Campaigns Section, and find it in your hearts to forgive me.